Version 1.0 of Blubrry PowerPress Podcasting plugin for WordPress is now available. The latest version includes a number of new features/options as well as a settings pages redesign based on user feedback. With this update, PowerPress now includes all of the key features found in PodPress.
The latest version can be downloaded here.
New Features and Options
- Added 4 new MP3 flash players: 1 Pixel Out Audio Player, MP3 Player Maxi, Simple Flash MP3 Player and AudioPlay player
- Added “Verify” media option next to Media URL box to check entered URL and detect file size/duration information
- Added PodPress Stats Archive view
- Added Password Protect option for Custom Podcast Channels, which allows for Premium Content
- Relabeled “Custom Podcast Feeds” to “Custom Podcast Channels” toÂ avoid confusion
- Reorganized settings pages into tabbed sections
- Added new “Video Scale” setting — users can choose between “scale,” “tofit,” or enter a custom scale value such as 1.5
- Added new “E-Book PDF” label for download links of PDF files
All of the key features in PodPress included in PowerPress
The new Password Protection for the Custom Podcast Channels feature is a replacement for the PodPress Premium Content feature.Â Unlike PodPress’ Premium Content feature, Blubrry PowerPress Password Protection for Custom Podcast Channels has no limit. You can create as many custom podcast channels with password protection as you want (each with its own RSS feed).
The new “Verify” button is an enhanced replacement of the “Detect” buttons found in PodPress. The Verify button goes beyond detecting only the file size and duration, it also confirms that the Media URL entered is formatted correctly and is valid. The new Verify button does all this with only one click.
PowerPress now includes the highly requested 1 Pixel Out Audio Player used by PodPress. PowerPress includes the latest version, which features volume control.
Suggestions and Feedback
We are committed to providing a well developed and mature podcasting plugin for WordPress. Please let us know what you think,Â leave any feature suggestions in a comment below and/or let us know directly with our contact us form.