International Podcast Day is coming up quickly and MacKenzie and Steve Lee talk about how you can celebrate and just what this day is about on the latest PowerPress Podcast. First off, for an event such as Podcast Day, streaming services are very important, and we discuss the value of a service, Voice Republic based out of Europe. For those of you that are looking to live stream your seminar or speaking session, particularly with a piece of hardware, this may be your answer. We dig into why International Podcast Day was started, who works on it, how people celebrate – such as conversations from 14+ countries all over the world, and most importantly bringing the podcasting community together. Steve has also started a podcast network, Modern Life Network, so in the discussion about creating a network from your podcast, he had some personal insight on the matter. Thanks for listening and subscribe to the show, and please leave a review for PowerPress! Happy podcasting.
Category Archives: Events
MacKenzie is happy to have Joe Pardo back on the PowerPress Podcast, this time to talk about his event, Podcast Mid-Atlantic. Before they discuss the event, MacKenzie and Joe have some pretty strong opinions on transcribing your podcast – did you know that Auphonic has put out a beta for this? Those of you that are interested in making transcribing or speech recognition services better, get involved with this private beta. September 9-10 in South Philly, podcasters will gather for a podcasting event meant for fostering creativity and community. Listen to get all the details about the event and why you should attend. Blubrry is happy to be sponsoring this event and hope that everyone involved has a great time. At Blubrry we’re always happy to encourage growth in the community. Lastly, Tascam recently released two new soundboards, made specifically with podcasters in mind! It’s not everyday that a podcast specific product is debuted, and from a largely known company such as Tascam. Thanks for listening and please subscribe to the show.
Fan of PowerPress? Please leave us a review, here!
With the increase in podcasting popularity comes an ever-growing and enthusiastic audience, eager to acknowledge and honor their favorite podcasters. Whether you’re a podcast creator or loyal listener, here are several of the awards programs and events celebrating podcasters this year:
General Podcasting Awards:
- Academy of Podcasters Awards: This event awards winners in 15 categories, with nominations based on a combination of iTunes rankings and input from industry leaders. 2016 finalists will be announced on May 10, and winners will be announced in Chicago on July 6 as part of the Podcast Movement event. (psst…interested in attending Podcast Movement? Enter “blubrry” at checkout for a $40 discount on your registration fee!) The Academy of Podcasters also honors Hall of Fame inductees every year – this year, inductees will include Mignon Fogarty, featured in our recent feature on women podcasters!
- Podcast Awards: Back for its 11th year with brand-new rules and judging criteria, nominations for the Podcast Awards will be open April 15 – April 30. Finalists are chosen in 20 categories, with winners based on a combination of criteria including total number of nominations, quality of art, website, and show notes, consistency, longevity, and more. The awards ceremony takes place via a live online event that draws around 25,000 viewers.
- The Webby Awards: The Webby Awards, now coming into its 20th year, offers a radio/podcast sites category that has honored, among others, the websites hosting the podcasts HowStuffWorks and Slate’s GabFest. Nominees for the People’s Voice awards have been announced, and voting is happening now.
- Star Wars Podcast Awards: Proving that no niche is too specific to grow into a thriving podcast community, the Star Wars Podcast Awards “celebrates the Force” while celebrating podcasters.
- The Iris Awards: The Iris Awards are a yearly event honoring content creators in the parenting niche. While previously the conference has mainly recognized parenting bloggers, vloggers and social influencers, this year a “best parenting podcast” category was added, suggesting that podcasting is rapidly expanding its reach into a variety of lifestyle niches.
- RPG Podcast Awards: With the purpose of recognizing “artistic achievement, technical proficiency, and overall excellence in both gaming podcasts and in the games that inspire such podcasts,” the RPG Podcast Awards announces three nominees in each category in early summer, and announces winners at the the yearly Gen Con event.
- Parsec Awards: The Parsec Awards honors podcasters in the speculative fiction niche. Nominations are open in 15 categories from now through May 31 for the 11th annual event.
Know of a podcasting awards program that we didn’t mention? Tweet us @blubrry and let us know about it!
Considering joining Blubrry at the Podcast Movement in Chicago this July?
Use the code “Blubrry” at checkout for a $40 discount!
We’re going to be at New Media Expo (NMX) Jan. 6-8, and we’d love to see you there, too. So we’re letting our communities know that the NMX organizers are accepting applications for an expenses paid scholarship to New Media Expo, Jan. 6-8, at the Rio All-Suite Hotel in Las Vegas.
“The scholarship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to learn and network with the leading minds of online content creation. If you are an aspiring or budding content creator, but you're looking for that kick start in the right direction, this scholarship is for you,” writes Deb Ng dean of students at New Media Expo University and director of community. Organizers have formed New Media Expo Universi
ty(#NMXU) to help the careers of aspiring bloggers, podcasters and Web TV & video professionals. The scholarship will include:
- Airfare to Las Vegas from any destination in the Continental U.S.
- Hotel accommodations at The Rio All-Suite Hotel during the event.
- A three-day pass to New Media Expo.
Be a part of it, BlogWorld New York register today! RawVoice will be there and weâ€™re hoping to catch up with you June 5-7 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, 655 West 34th St., on the West Side of Manhattan. Weâ€™ll have a kiosk in the Podcast Pavilion and will be talking about our latest developments in digital media hosting, advertising, statistics and, of course, the release of PowerPress 4.0.
To top things off in the Big Apple, RawVoice CEO Todd Cochrane will be taking part in two sessions:
The Future of Podcast Distribution & Content Strategies, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 6, Room 1A15
- Clear understanding of all the core podcast distribution â€œMust Be Onâ€ pla
http://exbacksms.com/ how to get your ex back
tforms and tips to get featured
- Understanding of the future direction and trends around podcast and web TV content distribution
- How Audio and Video Podcast distribution and audience use is diverging based on screen size
The State of Podcasting for 2012, 3:45-4:45 p.m., Thursday, June 7, Room 1A16
- Learn about where podcasting has been.
- Learn some very interesting new stats for podcasting, here in 2012.
- Gain a better understanding about the future of the podcasting industry.
BlogWorld is a social media event that hosts thousands of attendees from more than 50 countries and features more than 200 speakers. It is the only industry-wide event bringing the global community of content creators and publishers together all under one roof. Be there and be square or hip or whatever you want to be. Be a part of it, meet us at BlogWorld New York.
Life is demanding and, hey, we think thatâ€™s great! RawVoice has got precisely what it takes to help content creators meet their audiencesâ€™ demands. RawVoice, a pioneer and leader in the digital media industry, will introduce a media on demand service at the National Association of Broadcasters Show in Las Vegas April 9-14! We wanted to give you the heads up, like, now.
The media on demand (MOD/VOD) service will allow content creators, independent film artists, bands, educators and all others who create content to sell their premium content online and through over-the-top (OTT) television. This will give consumers a centralized location to find premium content that is not available through traditional video-on-demand channels. RawVoice MyCastÂ® system will allow consumers to organize and play back on demand all of their purchased media on almost any device at any time.
This service will be introduced through a new channel on the Roku initially, and on its own media portal. Clients will be able to sell their media on a subscription or single play basis. With Roku integration, single click purchases of media will offer the same convenience of standard video on demand service that consumers are accustomed to.
Weâ€™ll be demonstrating the media on demand service at NAB and will sign content creators on site. If you canâ€™t make it to NAB, thatâ€™s OK. Contact us today if you want to be part of the launch, and we will put you on the list. Weâ€™ll have full roll-out of the service in the weeks following the show.
Go ahead! Demand it! At RawVoice, weâ€™re consistently exploring and evolving to meet your ever-changing demands.
Yo! Weâ€™re coming for you. The whole entire RawVoice team is coming to BlogWorld and New Media Expo Oct. 15-16 in Vegas! We know that you, our community, is psyched to not only see us, but talk to us, touch us and share ideas at our booth in the exhibit hall at Mandalay Bay!!! . . . Oh, whatâ€™s that you say? Why should you be excited about hanginâ€™ with lilâ€™ olâ€™ us? Well lemme tell ya. Itâ€™s because weâ€™re totally bad @$$!
Thatâ€™s right, like, remember when Sly Stallone says, â€œWe are the shadows and the smoke in your eyes?â€ Oh, yeah. We identify! Cuz weâ€™re the nerdy men/women way below youâ€™re standards that walk up to you in a bar and ask you to dance anyway. Point is, ammunition such as our PowerPress Plugin, which seamlessly extends a WordPress blog to a podcasting engine, and our easy-to-use super stats system, are only a couple of the weapons weâ€™ve got out there for ya as your own personal digital media powerhouse!
â€œWe blow awayâ€ Â — or at least take a mean slap at — â€œanything in our wayâ€ . . . as in, your way. And when it comes to watching, branding, growing and monetizing digital media, be it our expansion to mobile devices such as iPhone and Android, or set-top boxes such as Roku or Boxee, yeah, things are blowing up!!! … um, quickly expanding in a healthy, productive way.
And, yeah, hereâ€™s where youâ€™ll find us:
- CEO Todd Cochrane addresses the whole media package of today and seasons to come in his Oct. 16 session The Triple Play: Streaming, Podcasting and Blogging as a Way to Accelerate Your Showâ€™s Growth and Distribution. Be a winner! Get ready to reshape your strategy for the next 36 months!
- RawVoice CIO Angelo Mandato and Creative Director Brian Yuhnke will leave you fearless and breathless in their session Oct. 16 on Blogging and Podcasting Sitting in a Tree â€¦ Optimizing a WordPress Site for Your Podcast.
- RawVoice team members will be buffed, poised and ready in Booth 516, sharing not only what we do but also the latest news about the new media distribution platforms.
Get your bad on come see us at BlogWorld and New Media Expo Oct. 15-16 in Las Vegas! Yo, weâ€™re pumping our fists and stoked and excited because we are indeed, ahem, The Dependables! Aka, Team RawVoice! And if this werenâ€™t bad @$$, adventurous and exciting enough for ya, well, weâ€™ll also have drawings for Roku digital media players.
RawVoice: Are you in this picture?
Weâ€™ve got our golden tickets! Weâ€™ve got a golden twinkle in our eyes! Weâ€™ve got our golden tickets toÂ BlogWorld and New Media Expo! Do you? OK, that didnâ€™t rhyme so well, but we know you don’t mind. After all, you are the media makers and you are the dreamer of dreams and we canâ€™t wait to see you at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Oct. 15-16!
Come with us! Weâ€™ll open the doors to a magical world swirling with delicious digital media production, promotion and distribution opportunities! Weâ€™ve got so much time and so little to show you! Wait, strike that, reverse it.
Truly, if you want to view paradise — and who doesnâ€™t — come with us, let loose your pure imagination and:
- Indulge or overindulge your wildest digital media fantasies! Frappe 70 percent love of podcasting with 35 percent passion of blogging and 2 percent butterscotch to cook up a beautiful union with RawVoice CIO Angelo Mandato and Creative Manager Brian Yuhnke at the session Blogging and Podcasting Sitting in a Tree â€¦ Optimizing a WordPress Site for Your Podcast!
- We know you want it, you want it all and you want it NOW! And you can have it! Join RawVoice CEO Todd Cochrane in his session, The Triple Play: Streaming, Podcasting and Blogging as a Way to Accelerate Your Showâ€™s Growth and Distribution, to find out whatâ€™s in all this everlasting, ever evolving media for YOU!
- Be transported on TV! With Roku and Boxee, you can be catapulted into the air in millions and millions of pieces and it takes NO time at all to put you back together on TV sets all over the globe AND on mobile devices such as iPhone and Android!
- Hop onboard! Come find us on the floor in the exhibit hall and weâ€™ll share just where weâ€™re going . . . cuz our excitement keeps on growing and our community pride is showing and there is NO sign of slowing!
Weâ€™re clutching our golden tickets to BlogWorld and New Media Expo and counting the hours â€˜til we see you there! Thatâ€™s right, weâ€™re committed to turning you into a Blubrry! . . . er, fan, if you werenâ€™t one already.
Sure, candy is dandy but liquor is quicker and weâ€™ve got some fun plans in the mix. But sorry, no little people with bad hair this time around.;) This year weâ€™re focused on investing in you because, we know full well what happens to men and women who suddenly get the audience growth, monetization and mass media distribution they want . . . They live happily ever after!
RawVoice: Are you in this picture?
WordCamp / PodCamp Ohio is nearly upon us! You can bet weâ€™ll be there this Saturday, June 19, starting at 8:30 a.m. In fact CIO Angelo Mandato is one of the organizers. Look for Angelo and Michael Dell in our booth near the entrance of this fun and exciting daylong event at the Ohio State University Mendenhall Laboratory. And you know what else is great? Itâ€™s free! (Though parking at the OSU Union Garage is $3 per exit.)
In addition to the booth time, Angelo will be presenting a session on â€œPodcasting with WordPress.â€Â
RawVoice is proud to be a gold sponsor of this entertaining, engaging and enlightening event! Weâ€™ll have a few Blubrry T-shirts to give away along with our show notepads.
Chatting it up and sharing ideas with new and old friends are someÂ of our favorite things to do, so we definitely hope to see you there! Â Havenâ€™t registered yet? You can do it right now!
Exciting news Blubrry Podcasters! BlubrryÂ is proud to announce the launch of the Blubrry Channel on Roku. The channel is live with 200 shows and we’ll be adding more shows throughout the coming weeks as we qualify your podcasts.
The Roku Digital Video Player offers your shows unprecedented exposure — seen and/or heard directly on your audiences’ television sets. Sit back in your Lazy Boy and watch your favorite video podcast or clean the house and listen to your favorite audio podcast directly through the exclusive Blubrry Channel on Roku.
And, trust us, that’s only the start. This year marks an apex in the evolution of alternative distribution capabilities for RawVoice and our family of podcasting sites. Keep an eye out: We plan to launch other alternative distribution applications in the coming weeks and throughout the year.
Are you ready to Roku? We’re thinking yes! Let us know what you think!