The Blubrry PowerPress plugin for WordPress version 0.9.2 is now available. The latest version includes a large number of new features/options as well as a small number of bug fixes. The latest version can be downloaded here.
New Features and Options
- Embed player within blog posts with [powerpress] shortcode. (learn more about PowerPress shortcode)
- Add embed code from sites such as YouTube, Viddler and blip.tv
- Custom entry box settings for entering customized iTunes keywords, subtitles and summaries and no player option
- iTunes URL setting for custom and category podcast feeds (These iTunes listings can be pinged as well)
- Courtesy functions added for custom themes. See note below
Improvements and Fixes
- iTunes ping logic improved to support scheduled posts
- latest iTunes ping result displayed below the iTunes URL setting
- Fixed bug with `require_once()` calls on some servers displaying a fatal error
- Fixed scheduled posts deleting podcast episode bug in WordPress 2.8+
- Completely revamped the “on page” and new window players
- Removed the “play in page” option as it was a source of confusion
- Relabeled Redirect Feed URL to FeedBurner Feed URL to clear up confusion
- Added m4b and m4r to list of detected audio formats
Courtesy Functions for Themes
We added courtesy functions for theme developers to use in the event they are stripping the player from the page content or excerpt. To use the functions, add the following code to your theme template where you would like to display the PowerPress players and links.
<?php if( function_exists(‘the_powerpress_content’) ) the_powerpress_content(); ?>
Suggestions and Feedback
We are committed to providing a well developed and mature podcasting plugin for WordPress. Please let us know what you think and/or leave any feature suggestions in a comment below, or let us know directly with our contact us form.